Thursday, May 29, 2008

Two Months Old



Events: Ah, it was back to work for me, which meant finding a day care for Nicholas. It was much more difficult than I thought to find a place that I trusted and that would take a baby for one day a week. My husband's busy season was in full swing, which meant that I was getting the chance to experience what it's like to be a single parent--I don't recommend it, by the way.

Milestones: Nicholas made us so happy when he started smiling right at 2 months of age. That big gummy smile made up for any and all sleep deprivation in a split second.

Surprises: Nicholas started sleeping through the night at about 9 weeks old (and when he did wake up, it was just to eat and go right back to sleep)--what a good baby! He also started waking up happy in the morning (instead of just crying himself awake). It made me feel like I was getting the hang of this mom business.