Thursday, May 29, 2008

Three Months Old

Events: To our utter shock, Nicholas started turning over from his stomach to back (mostly because he didn't like being on his stomach). He finally started playing with his toys--his playmat was his favorite thing to interact with (besides mom & dad, of course).

Milestones: His first cold(s)! He started working on grabbing things and using his hands. I thought he was a genious when he could first grab his toys and actually make them work (spinning a ball to play a sound, pulling toy off of the velcro strip). He also started looking in the mirror at himself--he likes to smile at baby Nicholas.

Surprises: He started getting colds and ear infections from hanging out at daycare once a week. Though I hated to see him with so much as a sniffle, the doctors and nurses reassured me it would help build up his immune system in the long run. I was suprised how fast he was growing--who knew he'd be in 6 month clothes already? He's a tall boy!