Events: Now that I'm off for the summer, we're having a lot of fun talking walks and spending time in the nice weather. I love being able to play with him and not be thinking about all the work I have to do once he goes down for a nap. He got to meet a few more of his relatives this month--Great Aunts & Uncles and some of his Second Cousins (if I'm getting the proper geneological names correct). I decided to keep him in daycare for one day a week, so I can work on prepping for fall and, of course, keeping the house in order.
Milestones: His second tooth poked through! You can now see those little white nubs when he gives you a big grin. He's "off the charts" for his height--he's still long and lean--but he's already in 9-month-old clothes (sniff, sniff). He's also developed a ticklish tummy (see video)! I love his crazy laugh.
Surprises: He now sleeps between 11 & 12 hours straight through the night, and naps about 4 hours a day. I heard this was supposed to happen, but I really didn't think it would--then he turned 6 months old and magically there's no more middle of the night snacks! I'm definitely not going to complain about that! The best part of his good sleep habits is how happy he is--it makes being a mom so much easier when the little guy is a happy one!