Nicholas will soon be a big brother, and we have had to admit that is no longer a baby, even though he'll always be mine.

Words: He seems to learn a few each day, and there are more all the time that we don't even know he knows until he busts them out on us. This morning he said "key" and the other day he saw an "airplane." His favorite thing right now, though, is trucks, which is good because there have been quite a few in our driveway during our basement remodeling project.

Mobility: He's everywhere all the time now, and while it is good for him, it can be dangerous, too, because he's still testing his limits. He got his first boo-boos last weekend (I think I cried more than he did). The other day, I walked from one room to another and discovered that somehow he had climbed on top of the kitchen table in a few seconds!
We are trying to enjoy the rest of the summer as a family of three; Nicholas has no idea how his world will change in a few short weeks when his sister arrives. I know it will be a big adjustment for all of us, but at the same time, I know he will love the baby and will take delight out of helping and being the big boy, since he already does. He will be welcoming another cousin in March, and we can't wait to meet him or her so Nicholas and his sister will have more playmates.