Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Well over 8 months old...

Nick turned 8 months old while we were on our vacation, hence the delay in updates. I decided to include this video of waking him up because it's my favorite time of the day. I hear him talking to his Snoopy pals and then I go in and get my buddy.

Events: This month was exciting--lots of parties and vacations, and lots of smiling for the camera. It's funny--he's knows to smile at the camera and squint at the flash (see below).


Milestones: He mastered the art of rolling, which has prevented him from learning how to crawl so far (he won't stay on his stomach). He'd rather grab your thumbs and walk around, so we're starting to think he's going to skip crawling and go straight to walking just like his Daddy did. His two top teeth are in and he's working on some more. He also loves sticking his tongue out at you, provided that you return the gesture.



Surprises: He never sits still--even when he's drinking a bottle he has to be tapping his foot or doing something with his hand--go, go, go! Nicholas also hates to be fed anything. He only likes to feed himself. If you offer him a bite of food on a baby spoon, he acts like you're pointing a weapon at him. If you put the food on his high chair in front of him, he'll pick it up and eat it. I was convinced, for a little while, that he just hated all the baby food, but if I give him pieces of the same food, he'll eat it himself. I guess he's a strong-willed little guy. Also, he's a redhead right now! Apparently Scott had red hair as a baby, so we don't think Nicholas' will stay that way.